Sunday, March 26, 2006

Q39: We had a fight - how do I know if he still likes me?

Via Email:

I STARTED GOING OUT WITH THIS GUY AND ONE NIGHT I GOT REALLY JEALOUS AND PISSED OFF, AFTER THAT HE HASN'T TALKED TO ME OR ANSWERED MY PHONE CALLS. BUT I HE STILL HANGS OUT IN THE SAME PLACES I DO AND HE'S BEEN TOTALLY NOT ACTING LIKE HIMSELF, HE NOW DANCES AND SEEMS TO WANT TO BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY HE NEVER DID THAT BEFORE, HOW CAN I TELL IF HE STILL LIKES ME?
-OOPS




Hello!
He's probably pulling the "I don't like you, so I'm ignoring you" rigamarole. Or perhaps he's trying to make you even more jealous, and show that he doesn't need you. The best thing to do is to talk to him and ask him straight out what he wants to do. Be prepared for him to say that he doesn't like you anymore, but also be prepared for what you'd say, whether he wants to get back together or whether he wants to break up. It sounds like you two have had a fight, so decide if the relationship is something you want to salvage or keep going, in which case you probably should apologize to him, depending on what made you jealous or pissed-off. If it's not, then just ignore him right back, and don't worry about it.

You could also try talking to his friends, but that can often be misinterpreted, and seen as insecure and silly. A direct confrontation is probably the best/quickest/most honest way to go.

[Note: If this didn't answer your question, or if there are more details you'd like advice on, feel free to email/post again. :)]

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if I was him, I'd dump her for excessive use of caps lock.

Other than that, I think he doesn't like her and is pulling the "if I ignore you, will you go away?" thingie. She should just get that out of him and give it up.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger On The Rebound said...

If only you knew how my day was going. I was searching for one thing and I ended up here. Now you see how that might affect me!

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous free dating service said...

Ahh that's to bad sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home